Banjo Hangout Logo
Banjo Hangout Logo

Premier Sponsors

38
Flatpicked Guitar Lovers Online


Discussion Forum

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

 All Forums
 Flatpicker Hangout Website
 Improvements and Suggestions
 ARCHIVED TOPIC: Is there a way for a re-boot? this dark cloud


Please note this is an archived topic, so it is locked and unable to be replied to. You may, however, start a new topic and refer to this topic with a link: http://www.flatpickerhangout.com/archive/17011

steve j. - Posted - 09/21/2010:  08:13:45


A few of us have been really into the whole name change/ style change subject a while.
Some unkind things have been said on both sides.

Eric is going to do what hes is going to do, but we are still here in limbo,

Is there a way we can throw away the past & start anew?
I am willing , yes I have been angry & felt totally muisunderstood,,, but Im sure you have too.
I am willing to let bygones be bygones. Im offering you a handshake,, you can shake it , or turn away. but I cannot make that choice for you.

This handshake is offered to you CC & you Slowhand & the rest of you guys
Sincerely
Steve Jeter

Laurence Diehl - Posted - 09/21/2010:  08:57:18


I too did not come on here intending to upset anybody - that would be wrong. We are all musicians here, we have a lot in common.
Laurence

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/21/2010:  12:05:38


Laurence, Steve Well said. Its true . Upset is not the goal, Musicians playing good music and having and sharing a good time is. Me too!

ccravens - Posted - 09/21/2010:  18:07:16


Steve,

Does this new attitude by you mean that you won't go on to the other hangout website and call some of the members here names, like you did last week?

That would be great place to start "throwing away the past."

Those of us you called names would appreciate it.

Thanks!

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/21/2010:  18:51:04


Chris , these guys are for real . Put out your hand make peace. there is no one to fight with any more .

slowhand - Posted - 09/21/2010:  21:50:55


quote:
Originally posted by steve j.

A few of us have been really into the whole name change/ style change subject a while.
Some unkind things have been said on both sides.

Eric is going to do what hes is going to do, but we are still here in limbo,

Is there a way we can throw away the past & start anew?
I am willing , yes I have been angry & felt totally muisunderstood,,, but Im sure you have too.
I am willing to let bygones be bygones. Im offering you a handshake,, you can shake it , or turn away. but I cannot make that choice for you.

This handshake is offered to you CC & you Slowhand & the rest of you guys
Sincerely
Steve Jeter



Y'know Steve, I don't think you mean any of that. I think the whole purpose of this thread was just to keep this conflict alive and at the the top of the front page, rather than end it. I think you're worried that if you and your 3 or 4 disgruntled cohorts run out of steam, then things will settle down and this site will get back to being about flatpicking. Why do I think this? Because if you seriously want the conflict to stop, you could just stop posting about the whole thing and let things take their course. You want to let bygones be bygones? Well, like they say in Missouri, don't tell me, show me. Prove me wrong by not responding to this post, or any others on the subject of changing the site. If you can do that, then I will be proven wrong and I'll look like an idiot. You've said about all there is to say on your side of the issue, so let the poll or Eric decide it.

steve j. - Posted - 09/22/2010:  07:00:08


I either of you would like to continue this conversation on the phone or face to face
PM me and we can work out the details .

Or dont say anything else about me , You have broken the camels back,
and its time to put up or shut up!

You DONT know me , or the life Ive led in my past , or you wouldnt talk your trash
Steve


Edited by - steve j. on 09/22/2010 07:33:32

ccravens - Posted - 09/22/2010:  07:33:04


Sorry to get you so riled, Steve.

Just 'cause someone tries to write semi-politely, instead of angry faces and capitol letters, doesn't mean that they're passive-aggressive.

What I did was ask you to stop going on the other hangout and talk bad about the members here.
If you call that "talking crap" then the phrase has no meaning. I could have provided a link to your post so others could see what you wrote, but I didn't, 'cause I felt that would've just inflamed things more. Just promise me that your new attitude means you won't go over to the other hangout and "talk crap" about other members here, and we'll be fine.

If you don't agitate to change this site, and don't talk about the members here on other hangouts, then you & I will have NO problems. That is what I'm asking.

As for a flatpicking contest, that sounds fun. But not in an angry way. Even though as a new flatpicker, I would get eaten alive, I'd be willing to give it a go.

steve j. - Posted - 09/22/2010:  07:39:05


Check reply cc
Look man , I tried to be genuienly sincere , and try to offer my hand & its gets spit on,

Im sick of it , I try to walk in THE WAY , but its not easy. My background is MUCH different.
I edited 2 post because they were pure Steve ,, and he is a guy who isnt so nice. But as Im tryin to be a new man , I changed it,
that said , dont keep jacking with me , and not expect to not get called on it , Ive had enough
As a teacher Im sure you spell & type better than I do , so read my post best you can.
Steve

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/22/2010:  08:38:19


Good Form Steve, you are for real. eventully a decision will be made and that will be that.

flash of the gap - Posted - 09/22/2010:  08:44:00


i have a sneaky feelin these steve,s are one and the same guy, i think we are being double steve,d just a hunch

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/22/2010:  08:48:33


Wow, there,s a thought No . but a intresting idea. To find the Truth contact Eric Schlange. that will get you the real info.....hah thats a good one. Take Care Mate............skitzo Steve

steve j. - Posted - 09/22/2010:  09:12:04


hahahahah Doubled Steves You should only be so lucky
No hes has more white hair than me ;)

slowhand - Posted - 09/22/2010:  09:21:47


quote:
Originally posted by steve j.

I either of you would like to continue this conversation on the phone or face to face
PM me and we can work out the details .



I don't want to continue the conversation. That should have been crystal clear from what I wrote above. But obviously you do.

quote:

Or dont say anything else about me , You have broken the camels back,
and its time to put up or shut up!

You DONT know me , or the life Ive led in my past , or you wouldnt talk your trash



Wow, that has a distinctly threatening tone to it. I'll never voluntarily talk to you on the phone or face-to-face, Steve, or reveal my email to you through a PM, 'cause you're starting to creep me out. And no offense, but I'd prefer not to know anything about the life you led in the past.

steve j. - Posted - 09/22/2010:  09:23:17


Good , I think you have the picture

slowhand - Posted - 09/22/2010:  10:10:01


quote:
Originally posted by steve j.

Good , I think you have the picture



Just to keep a record.

Laurence Diehl - Posted - 09/22/2010:  10:15:12


This is getting/has gotten weird. Personally, I would like to move on.
Can we talk about guitars now?
Laurence

steve j. - Posted - 09/22/2010:  10:25:15


ok , you boys can have it, I can see this going somewhere wher it just aint worth going.

If yall enjoy a place where people can virtually stand in your face and call you names , and your supossed to cower, and be quiet ,,, yall can have it.
that aint me , yall better stay in this virtual world,,,, cause that is NOT how it is in the real world ,

Sorry Steve K. Im outta here ,

slowhand - Posted - 09/22/2010:  10:32:35


quote:
Originally posted by Laurence Diehl

This is getting/has gotten weird. Personally, I would like to move on.
Can we talk about guitars now?



No one's stopping you, Laurence.

slowhand - Posted - 09/22/2010:  10:33:10


quote:
Originally posted by steve j.

ok , you boys can have it, I can see this going somewhere wher it just aint worth going.

If yall enjoy a place where people can virtually stand in your face and call you names , and your supossed to cower, and be quiet ,,, yall can have it.
that aint me , yall better stay in this virtual world,,,, cause that is NOT how it is in the real world ,

Sorry Steve K. Im outta here ,

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/22/2010:  12:57:59


I understand. No worries Steve J. Ill see you elsewhere.

kentucky blaise - Posted - 09/22/2010:  14:27:50


One more Steve to go!

elevate155 - Posted - 09/22/2010:  18:59:44


Do all steve's tend to be this weird? I have a brother named steve, so it's possible! You guys need to go practice your fingerpicking or something.

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/23/2010:  07:05:01


I,ll not fight with yah... Rage on. So how about going forward from here peacefully. I will as I,ve given Chris Cravens my word to do so. It matters not that others wish to fight.I will not!


Edited by - SLKmartin on 09/23/2010 07:20:15

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/23/2010:  12:51:28


quote:
Originally posted by kentucky blaise

One more Steve to go!

Gosh Chris do you expect me to let this go............... I guess so . Oh well I gave you my word..........Is this like a handicap in golf? I,ll not fight as promised

Steven B - Posted - 09/24/2010:  17:56:04


quote:
Originally posted by kentucky blaise

One more Steve to go!


naw----not the case. We are like a bunch of guitar players at a Bluegrass Festival "after hours" jam session. You'll have 4 or 5 playing along, mostly out of tune and out of time, each trying to drown out the others, and one will finally decide it's bedtime and leave the jam. Only to have 2 more come out of the darkness and take his place. Us Steves are like a hair in a biscuit.....we're hard to get-rid-of.

As far as "Steve's being weird"......well, I will admit that I've had my problems. But since I came out of Betty Ford and with the help of Thorazine....I don't hear many voices any more. And the visions (when the occur) are much more pleasant.....

OK----sorry to take the thread off topic. I just couldn't resist having a little fun with you guys.
Later
Steve

skyraider50 - Posted - 09/24/2010:  19:46:38


quote:
Originally posted by Steven B

quote:
Originally posted by kentucky blaise

One more Steve to go!


naw----not the case. We are like a bunch of guitar players at a Bluegrass Festival "after hours" jam session. You'll have 4 or 5 playing along, mostly out of tune and out of time, each trying to drown out the others, and one will finally decide it's bedtime and leave the jam. Only to have 2 more come out of the darkness and take his place. Us Steves are like a hair in a biscuit.....we're hard to get-rid-of.

As far as "Steve's being weird"......well, I will admit that I've had my problems. But since I came out of Betty Ford and with the help of Thorazine....I don't hear many voices any more. And the visions (when the occur) are much more pleasant.....

OK----sorry to take the thread off topic. I just couldn't resist having a little fun with you guys.
Later
Steve



I think it only fair to warn you mister, there may be a bounty on............Steve's round' these parts..............

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/24/2010:  21:09:24


Hey Steve Didnt we met at Rehab up in Berkley or was it Boston Med. Oh well my memory is a lil crispy ...................He he ....Steve


Edited by - SLKmartin on 09/25/2010 08:27:54

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/25/2010:  09:45:30


quote:
Originally posted by skyraider50

quote:
Originally posted by Steven B

quote:
Originally posted by kentucky blaise

One more Steve to go!


naw----not the case. We are like a bunch of guitar players at a Bluegrass Festival "after hours" jam session. You'll have 4 or 5 playing along, mostly out of tune and out of time, each trying to drown out the others, and one will finally decide it's bedtime and leave the jam. Only to have 2 more come out of the darkness and take his place. Us Steves are like a hair in a biscuit.....we're hard to get-rid-of.

As far as "Steve's being weird"......well, I will admit that I've had my problems. But since I came out of Betty Ford and with the help of Thorazine....I don't hear many voices any more. And the visions (when the occur) are much more pleasant.....

OK----sorry to take the thread off topic. I just couldn't resist having a little fun with you guys.
Later
Steve



I think it only fair to warn you mister, there may be a bounty on............Steve's round' these parts..............

So what is the price on my head up to now, That really doesnt sound threatening, If the price is right , I could Iliminate myself........................Paypal only ....................Stephen

ccravens - Posted - 09/25/2010:  16:47:18


quote:
So what is the price on my head up to now, That really doesnt sound threatening, If the price is right , I could Iliminate myself........................Paypal only ....................Stephen



I could do Paypal.

Anyone else?

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/25/2010:  17:22:16


Chris , I thought that if I gave my word that you would stop, Wasnt that our deal? You are confusing me. Am I supposed to take the cuts and be sweet? You were supposed to stop the rehash, I dont think this is what you really want. It appears that you would like to continue to trash me ,while i do the peace at any cost two step. I may have to rethink this as you are not appearing to hold up your end........... What are you doing? A deal is a deal unless it isnt. SOoooo.

ccravens - Posted - 09/25/2010:  18:55:45


It was just a joke Steve. Lighten up.

I don't ever recall making a "deal" or bargan with you that I would "be nice." For the most part, I think I've been very civil to you. You said that you would stop being rude and always trying to agitate to change the site. I said that would be great. If you stopped being rude, I wouldn't call you out & remind everyone about all the trouble you've caused in the past, and the trouble you continue to cause. So far, I haven't.

Be respectful, polite, and stop trying to agitate, not because of some "deal" you made, but because it's the right thing to do.
It's pretty simple when you think about it. Good luck.


Edited by - ccravens on 09/25/2010 19:16:07

SLKmartin - Posted - 09/25/2010:  19:37:31


quote:
Originally posted by ccravens

It was just a joke Steve. Lighten up.

I don't ever recall making a "deal" or bargan with you that I would "be nice." For the most part, I think I've been very civil to you. You said that you would stop being rude and always trying to agitate to change the site. I said that would be great. If you stopped being rude, I wouldn't call you out & remind everyone about all the trouble you've caused in the past, and the trouble you continue to cause. So far, I haven't.

Be respectful, polite, and stop trying to agitate, not because of some "deal" you made, but because it's the right thing to do.
It's pretty simple when you think about it. Good luck.

You mispelled bargain. Now thats funny. thank you for your well wishes......................

Hide these ads: join the Players Union!

Hangout Network Help

View All Topics  |  View Categories

0.0625